Monday, December 14, 2009

{things that rock my world}


Winter crisp salad with lemon poppy seed dressing
rocks my world!

I made this a few months ago for a dinner at the Sims house.  I've been eating it 4-5 to 10 times a week since.  I crave this dressing to the point of having panic attacks if my lemon pile gets low. I keep all ingredients on hand......as important as milk, eggs, and bread!

Hi, my name is Jolie, I am addicted to lemon dressing.
I have no plans on quitting any time soon.  Please don't try to help me.  I am not ready.  I will bite your finger if you try to take it away from me...resorting to violence is something I have no problem doing.  I love my life with lemon dressing too much.


The combination of sweet, tart, and crunchy, are like love bombs going off in your mouth.  Try it and let me know what you think. (I like to add a little more onion, a little less sugar)
Dressing Ingredients
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons diced onion
1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

mix in blender or food processor.

Salad Ingredients
1 carton/bag mixed baby greens (get the good organic stuff.....AND not a garden blend....quality makes a difference)
4 oz swiss cheese
1 cup cashews
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 green apple - peeled, cored and diced
1 pear - peeled, cored and sliced

Seriously, amazing!!!!



2 comments:

paula said...

She's not kidding...IT ROCKS! Thanks for the recipe.

Chelise said...

I can't believe I haven't made this yet! WTF! I know....I am going to have you personally walk me thru it when you get here :)

Get here already!!!!!!