Friday, December 11, 2009


{You must be stupid!}


~update on post about paying for license plate tags right before Randy traded in the truck....searching for a refund~

Driving to the DMV on the day of the blizzard, was the start of frustration.
I finally make it to the building, barely alive, and take my number in line.
While waiting, I look at all of the miserable employees working behind the cattle call station.
You know as well as I do, that these are some of the most unhappy, angry hearted, people on earth! Something about government jobs that blacken souls.
My hopes are that I don't get called to the lady with horn rimmed glasses, and wiry grey hair.  She seemed to be bitter about the fact that she is a hypocrite.....her Christmas sweater from the 80's said "holly jolly"......and there was no denying that there was ZERO jolly in her holly!
Yay! I hear the loud speaker say in the robotic tone, "number 8-3-1".
I nervously look around...where do I go? where do I go? 
Relieved, I see my number flashing at a window-box with a lady that looks like she is not ready to commit murder this early in the day.  Whew!
I smile as we make eye contact. (always start off positive)
I say, "Good afternoon :)  I need to get a refund"
She spontaneously combusts with evil laughter while her head is spinning.
She then, abruptly comes to a hault, leans forward on her fists, and in a demonic voice says,
"the state doesn't give refunds!"
At this point, I am not the least bit surprised by anything that has gone on this day. I'm staying calm.
I nicely say to her,
"Well, they have a form that has 'refunds' as the title. See, here it is.  I have used my valuable time filling out all information. I assumed that my story of a vehicle trade-in, would make me eligible for my money back". 
Her eyes looked at me is if she was saying,
"you must be stupid!"
She responded to my asinine assumption with,
"well honey, keep those fingers crossed, but I'M tellin' ya.....
THE STATE DOESN'T GIVE REFUNDS!!!"

That is my lesson of the day.....
give up, don't even try to fight the state.
Even if you have outdated, unrelated, law education from over 20 years ago.
They've got us by the nards!

No comments: