Monday, May 18, 2009

Fireman training with Uncle Justin

You can click on the pics to view them larger


It was Pop's turn to apprentice under Uncle Justin at the Phoenix Fire Station. Zip was able to do it last year, and Pop has been looking forward to his time. At the station, Pop and Uncle J pumped iron, watched sports, cooked/cleaned dinner, went up the super tall truck ladder, and cleaned the fire truck. In a 12 hour shift, they went on 7 calls. Disappointingly......none were fires. Pop did get to be the "medicine kit guy". That entailed carrying the kit, opening the kit, and handing stuff from the kit to the real firemen. It is a big job. Pop took his responsibility with honor. He's pretty sure he helped save many lives that night :) :). He has always looked up to his Uncle Justin, but now, has a new found respect. Pop and Zip both, hope to make a career in the public service field. My boys are fortunate to have such an awesome role model that teaches them valuable life lessons....hands on!

List of things we love about Uncle Justy.... (not in any specific order)
1-Fireman
2-Good cook
3-Cowboy
4-Evil Eddie
5-Sexy toes
6-Plays sports with the boys
7-Pranks Randy
8-Always busy! doing...????.....stuff?!?@?
9-Funny, hard working, gives soda to drink, fun experiences! (Pop's added line)
10-Good daddy :)

8 comments:

paula said...

I can't wait to hear all about the trip. Looks like it was a hit for River. I was thinking about Justin's cooking while you were gone, wondering what luxury he would cook up for you this time.

susie said...

Hey Jolie- Looks like you guys had a great time!
Hey Paula..this is for you, if Jolie is trying to conceal the real name of her boys, how come you use it in comments?

Jolie said...

That is just damn funny Susie!! I wasn't gonna say anything because I know she struggles with the brain cells she lost in pregnancy. It's ok Paula...we understand.

Unknown said...

ROFL!!!!
Sounds like fun so far, cant wait to read more! I missed reading while you were away!

susie said...

So true Jolie, can't you just hear her saying that while she's laughing?

paula said...

NO shit! Hello....is there anybody in there? Why didn't you change his name to Pop in my comment before you published it? Silly me...I actually usually remember that stuff on other people's blogs. Sorry about that.

Susie this is for you...why don't you be a real woman and write on your own blog? Love you sis....

Jolie said...

I didn't know that I could change people's comments....
It's OK...I'm pretty sure I don't have a stalker.....damnit!

Sista Slam

Susie: 2 Paula: 1.5

Susie is in the lead, but Paula's last comment was so good, it was worth 1.5! It's gonna be a close race.

Unknown said...

nope cuz! You have me stalking ya! But thats should be ok, I think I am fairly harmless!
love ya
Jae