Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The first leg of the trip with sick-o

Disclaimer: I am not going in order of the AZ trip....sorry. We just jumble things up around here........more stories to come.



We had a rough start Wednesday morning. We were supposed to be up and at-em by 7 am to leave for AZ. Randy decided to get some sort of gumboo, swine flu, jacked up, fever sweats, flem throated, respiratory ailment. We were teetering on even going. The thoughts of spending 11 hours in a car, wasn't enticing Randy at all. At about 10 am, Randy come starck white and cross eyed down the stairs and said, "Let's get packed up....I think I can do this". That man knew, that the pain he was in right that minute, had no comparison to the pain Chelise would have inflicted on him for not showing up! He's such a stud! The ride was beautiful, and we had a great time with the kids. Pop played with my hair from the back seat, Zip asked a whole lot of questions about everything, Randy laid in the passenger seat moaning and coughing, and I drove with a few Red Bulls and coffee in my veins. One more passenger I forgot to mention.....Miss Kitty! She was shoved somewhere in the back next to the baseball gear and my toiletries. Stank dog was in heaven! We made quite a few stops to let her out and run. One of the stops was in Cameron, AZ. We love the big gift shop on the reservation. It was ice cream time at that point......the boys had been great and deserved a payoff. Zip and I followed our tradition, and got matching friendship bracelets. He just loves picking out the perfect one for each of us. We pulled into Chelise's driveway at about 9 pm..........Chelise, Shelby and Cash were waiting on the porch with dancing feet and flailing arms. It was the cutest, and most loving welcoming. The kids were running like banshees, and excited to be in the same vicinity as each other. Randy headed for the couch and NyQuil. Chelise and I popped a beer.....ahhhhh, feels good, feels right, feels love.

1 comment:

susie said...

Doesn't it make traveling so much easier when the kiddos are happy. I'm glad you guys had a good trip.