Saturday, May 23, 2009

Remembering ones I love........

I wanted something for my spring garden to remember my Aunt Janin. I've been looking for weeks at various stores. I was holding out to find the right statue......the one that I knew related to her. I found it Wednesday. I love it! My friend Paula gave me the idea of putting a necklace on her. I had the perfect one in my jewelery chest. It is a heart with 3 stones...one for each of her children. I think it is a beautiful addition. She is in my thoughts, smells, heart and now my home. I like to think that she is watching over all the other angels in my garden.



This is one of many that I have to remember Damon



This one is in memory of my father-in-law, Jack


During this Memorial Weekend, my thoughts are also with my Grandma and Grandpa Jorgenson, Uncle Mike, Great Grandma Hansen, Bethany, Ashley, and David Rasmussen. And my Bugsy dog....He was my first dog love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In tears again. It really isn't fair that someone set up the calendar this way. Easter, Mothers day, Memorial Day...

paula said...

This is so thoughtful. I love your angel garden. It's a great idea...I think I might start one. All weekend I've been thinking about Janin's family being in Lake Powell and hoping they are having an enjoyable and special time.

Aunt Tracy said...

I am admiring your site here with GMa B.. We love the angels in your garden and who they represent. We rolled out in the afternoon rain and plucked an array of beautiful roses, columbine and other spring flowers outside her apt. and created a love bouquet for Janin, Damon and all the other loved ones that have moved onward. The sun is shining now and we are grateful for it. We love you dearly and hope Miss Kitty didn't ingest your wedding ring! :(
Enjoy the week. Give us a call when you can.
XOXOXO,
Aunt T.

Unknown said...

I love the statue idea! It is so sweet. That is an awesome way to remember Damon!! I may have to borrow it! I have always kept a candle in my home for family and friends that are gone. I Love the statue idea, We have an awesome statue store 45 min from here. They have all kinds of yard statues, and antique stuff! I may have to go look!