Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Estates

Randy's Grandparents....I thought some of our DeVries family would like to see the markers



Pop and I went to the cemetery where Damon is buried. It was a gorgeous day with many colorful arrangements placed at headstones. The Tongan families stayed true to their tradition by camping out for the day......and I mean buckets of KFC, the football and frisbee, large sun umbrellas and lawn chairs. Anyone who has been to Memorial Estates have seen the family reunions first hand.
I was looking for Uncle Mike's (Jack's brother) marker when I came across Randy's grandparents (Jack's parents). I had forgotten they were there too. The DeVries' are in the area East of Damon. Pop and I sprawled out on the grass.....just having a moment together. I realized that with Damon's picture right there, we could all be in a pic at the same time! Pop and I were laughing and having fun....I know Damon would think it was funny too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so sweet, and fun!