Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hugs 4 Life day......beautiful!!!!

2009 Hugs For LIFE at Murray Park
It was a perfect day....around 87 degrees. G-pa, me, and the boys got to the park around 11:30. Randy was on his Wheeler charity bike run, so he wasn't able to make it this year. Bummer for him!! It is something we always look forward to. Below are the cars that each of us chose as our show favorite......I don't think you will be surprised with our choices!

Zip chose this Mustang Cobra

Pop loved this 2010 Camero.....It was so cool inside

And of course.....my muscle car! 1970 Dodge Challenger. I owned one of these in High School. Same orange color, yet it had a few more rust spots, and the passenger door would fly open as I went around a corner, and it got about 7 miles to the gallon. It only used 1 full case of oil a week?! Mind you, I worked at JC Penney for $4.25/hr. I was gas and oil poor! But other than that, the car was rockin' and I looked GOOOOD in it!!! (I had furry seat covers, a mirror muff, deafening cassette stereo, and roach clip feathers hanging from the rear view. I WAS the 80's poster child!)

This model was my runner up. A bar stool on wheels. I'm pretty sure it could have been the inspiration for the "jazzy". Do you think it would make it OK to drink and drive?? I'm sure that in most small towns in Idaho, Arkansas, and Montana it is totally legal.

2 comments:

paula said...

What a great visual of you in the Charger back in the 80's. I can just picture it. Do you remember the crappy thing about seat covers like that was that they got the fuzz all over your clothes? This car looks just like "snot rod" in CARS.

Jolie said...

Funny you mentioned the seat covers, because I was remembering the fuzz all in my eye lashes. It did totally look like I had been attacked by long haired cats when I would slide out of the seat. Ah, the 80's were bitchen!