Sunday, January 9, 2011

{30 Days of love}
~Day 23~



My hunka, hunka burnin' love, gave it his best to show me his love today.
He started by saying,
 "I may fall short, and I'm nervous.  I don't write poems, and even if I did, I can't even compare to all the nice things people have already said to you.  But I love you and I want you to feel very special today."


I was brought breakfast in bed!!!!!


Not just breakfast, but THE best breakfast.
This is my idea of perfection!!!!
Steel cut oats w/cracked wheat
Egg and toast
Orange slices
Strong cup o' joe in my fav. mug!

This was such a treat!  I always wake up STARVING and jonzing for a gulp of coffee.....
to have it brought right to me in the warmth of my own comfy bed, made me have to slap myself on each cheek just to make sure I was experiencing this awake.

After my breakfast delight was cleared, and I laid in bed for another half hour just sipping coffee and talking about life with Randy, I was directed to the bathroom.


A steaming hot bath* with oil fuzed salts awaited me.
Two candles were lit, my favorite radio station was playing in the background, my coffee cup was re-filled, and two boxes of chocolates were surrounding my retreat.
Ahhhhhhhh......I was soooooo relaxed!

 *because the big tub was full of ALL the hot water, 
nobody else got a hot shower today :(
sorry about the shrinkage boys.....oopsie

We had big plans on heading up to Park City for the afternoon to get lunch and walk around.
But the wussie in Randy and I  said "nevermind!"
It was so bone chilling cold today that I didn't have the energy to keep my own toes warm, let-a-lone walk around with the frozen phalanges!

Randy was concerned, and wanted to make sure that I would continue to enjoy my day of love.
Without sounding like a martyr or someone who has lost their identity, I truly just found so much joy in spending the day with my boys doing ANYTHING.....



And by anything, I mean going to the Guitar Center for an hour, just so River can hyperventilate over every electric guitar they display.......a little bit of tick tock gone by him plugging into amps and jamming....and then having to  pull him out kicking and screaming like a 3 year old that doesn't want to leave the candy store!


After the rock-n-roll showdown, we were all so very famished!!!
Off to Texas Roadhardandputaway.....Roadhouse!
I hadn't seen the Willie Nelson corner, the jackalope, and a bloomin onion in a while, and I was missing it!!!!!  
And really, sometimes you just need a damn good sweet potato!!!
Can I get a HELL YAH!!!!!
uh huh!
Alright....back to "what makes the boys happy, makes me happy!"

I know! 
 I still can't believe I went to stupid Cabela's today!
I was love drunk by Randy's kindness and didn't have a clear mind about me.



I was completely sobered up and realized my error of going to stupid Cabela's on my day of love
when I saw this horrible piece of ass flop.
This couch was covered in "moss oak" material!!!!
I have one question.....
WHY??????!?!?!?!??!?
OMG 
WHYHUUHHWAAHAAHUWHY?
I hope that the designer (apparently a man) feels like he is hidden in the woods when he sits on this couch, because he could be mistaken for a jackass and get shot!!!!
 I have gone to great lengths to load my gun with non-traceable bullets....just so you know.  
This couch and it's creator have made the 
"designer crime of the century"
.......stupid Cabela's

Randy made it all up to me by closing the night with a good cup of coffee from Beans and Brews, and cleaning my garage-bar-corner for me.
The boy sure knows my currency, and he knows how to love me.

Thanks babe :)
You rock my socks!

[.......stupid Cabela's.........]


8 comments:

susie said...

Oh, what a great day! Who in their right mind would ever buy that couch, I mentioned it to Justin and he said "ya, they even have chairs and shit like that!" He even thought it was horrible!

Aunt T said...

Jolie: The picture of you gazing into Randy's 4 eyes, and his returning All That Big Love x 4 is ABSOLUTELY BREATH-TAKING! Lucy & Desi have nothing on you two!! OMG--I cried in anticipation of what your Man did for you today to show how deeply he loves you. Of course, He did not disappoint. B-in-B, Spa Bath, CABELA'S! Why, he loves you so much he didn't DARE ask if he could by the Ass-Moss sofa for his "DEN" even!! He's a keeper, fer sure. You are as fortunate as he is to have each other to have and to hold. You are a wealthy woman, Mertz! And you appreciate it daily.

paula said...

How romantic. I'm so impressed. Good Job Randy. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

Ummm-the ugly couch at Cabella's....Ben just re did his living room and he is getting these couches. No Shit! It's a shame too because the carpet and the paint job look really good. As soon as he puts these fugly couches in, the room is RUINED! But, for a bachelor padof someone who lives for hunting, I suppose they are perfect eh?

Love the picture of you and Randy. One of my all time favorites. I think I need to come over soon and check out the cleaned out bar garage.

paula said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention.

STUPID CABELA'S!
Amen.

Megan said...

I love the picture of you guys. SO SO SO Sweet!!

Cabela's? I guess you were love drunk.

One last thing... that couch. I have seen it. And a matching Recliner. More than once. In peoples houses. It was the front window display at the town furniture store in the lil ole town in Ar~kansas that I once lived. Even for a hunter it is just too much...

Jolie said...

ok peeps!! I can totally see how this would be a fashion decor statement in a small Arkansas town...inbred people often have vision/style/life issues. I will give them that!
BUT!!
Paula....Ben is seriously buying this for his house????
OMG!!!
Call A&E and lets set up an intervention! This is wrong!!
All wrong!!!
I saw the recliner and tables that complete the set, and the package is NOT cheap!!!!
Oh Paula.....WE HAVE GOT TO STOP BEN!!!! Get Jay D involved....

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BUY CAMO COUCHES!!!!!!!

Chelise said...

Randy you did such a great jobbie! You make me proud and all the more proof of why you are MY boyfriend :)

LMAO about Cabela's! Jol, you need to do a follow-up on the last time you went to "stupid Cabela's" and rocked the day away! Apparently you are drawn the the furniture section of that store and I need to intervene!! You are not allowed to go there again! Although, the blog material is great???......

STOP BEN!!

Anonymous said...

Calling Nate Berkus....he needs to find the right setting for that couch,like, um, a forest or tree house setting.
Oh that Randy, he is a sly one.He wines and dines you, then just when you think he is one of us BAM,he drags you to Cabellas!!

E