Sunday, January 2, 2011


{goodbye 2010...hello 2010+1}

 (Lisa in her Christmas candy cane jammies)

After our winter vacation in Southern Utah was cut short due to blizzard and flood conditions, our great friends Derek, Lisa and girls, invited us over to their casa for New Years Eve.
It was the perfect combination of relaxation, good foods, fun conversations, competitive board games, and of course a weeeee lil' bit o' alcoholic beverages.



We took the boys, but for some reason never did take any pics of all the kiddies.
Admittedly, there were points were I was consumed with myself only.
Those points were usually when I had a glass of wine in my hand....
so yah, pretty much the whole night.



The bourbon had started to finger it's way through Derek's veins!
After a game of kicking my boys' ass in Halo, he brought out the big guns!!!
He giggled like a 12 year old excitedly loading the paint balls in the chamber.


The target was the neighbor's pirate flag pole that should have its own zip code or some kind of "ugly" tax assigned to it.
Anyway, after "pinging" balls off of metal, he handed the gun over to my boys.
They went nuts blowing the snow off of the trees with the air from the gun.
If I were a better mother.....
a more attentive mother,
you would see pictures of my boys playing with guns.
But I was a mediocre mother at best that eve...
so, NO PICTURE FOR YOU!!!
Or maybe a better mother wouldn't have let them play with guns in the first place!!!!
hmmmm....I just thought of that.
Oh well, nobody lost an eye or a left nut.
No harm done :)


Lisa couldn't find her glass to re-fill..... so she made due.
Hey!  As long as it all goes down the hatch, we don't care how it gets there!!!!
(Oh my hell!!!  She had me bawling watching her drip this down her front and trying to get a good amount in her mouth with that wiener looking spout!)



And today was the day of recovery.

I hope you all were with the peeps you love to bring in your new year safe and memorable!

Thanks Sims fam ;)
It was an awesome night!




4 comments:

Aunt T said...

Please see comment below, on Jan. 1 post: computer screwing up--too much snow on the roof!!! :(>

Chelise said...

It was so much fun texting pics back and forth!! felt like we were all togetha, celebrating the upcoming year!! Loved it! Where's the pic I got of Lisa on this post???....hehehehe

Jolie said...

the "Lisa" pic that you are referring to, is rated just under an "R". I didn't get a signed release from Lisa stating that she wouldn't care if everyone in blog-land saw her boobies :)

paula said...

Damn-after reading the comments it sounds like you gave us the PG-13 version of the night. Lisa and Derek are so damn funny. One things for sure, if you're with them you know you're going to laugh your a** off. Looks like a fun way to ring in 2011. Happy New Year guys!