Sunday, January 2, 2011

{30 days of love}
~Day 30~


I have the most loving, thoughtful, generous, kind, intuitive, respectful and giving people in my life.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!?

Last week Paula dropped of a lovely gift bag with surprises that awaited me until today.
You have no idea how much self control it took to not tear into my unknown prizes!!!!
I was instructed to open a card first.
(see above...you must read it!
btw: only certain peeps know that I love dragonflies..
even more lovingly thought out!)
Yes, I cried...well, more than cried....
I BAWLED!
The feeling of being loved, cherished and respected by someone you feel the same way about, leaves you speechless, breathless, and almost unworthy.

I AM IN AWE


2nd instruction was to open this fantastically wrapped lil number!!!!!



My reaction: 
 Holy shit!!!  That is a kick-ass ring!!!!!!


Then I read the lil' note tucked inside....

"I made this ring with one of the buttons from Randy's grandma.
Love you, Paula"

History:  I was given a glass jar of Grandma Kuipers', (Randy's mom's mother) sewing extras, like spools and buttons.
Paula is the most amazing seamstress and a lover of antiques and nostalgia.  I felt that Paula would appreciate and utilize the pieces better than I could.
And now, with Paula's magic and talent, I have a piece of grandma Kuipers that I will wear with pride, love and fashion.

Thank you my Paula girl...
really...
thank you!

You make me want to say,
"Bring on the 40's!!!!!!!!!"

P.S.  if you are interested in what is in store for my 30 days of 30's,...I will be posting the daily love gifts!!!
OMG!!! This is so much freakin fun!!!!


4 comments:

Aunt T said...

Jolie: You ARE worthy!! (Party On, Garth) Let the Games BEGIN!!! :)

Chelise said...

Jolie, let the celebration of you begin! YOU ARE LOVED!! So much so :)

Paula,
I love you! Thank you for always being so kind, caring, creative, crafty, so chic, thoughtful!!! YOU ROCK!! I got to talk with Jol after opening your gift.....Her cup runeth over!!

Anonymous said...

Don't ever lose your beautiful aura that brings you beautiful friends. Paula is a jewel,that ring rocks!!

E

paula said...

I'm so glad you love the idea. I thought you would. We are all excited to do this for you....you're worth it and you appreciate everything!

The ring looks rockin on your hand. I think we need to go out and show it off!

P.S. If there is anyone who wants a day (I still have a couple available) who I didn't e-mail, let me know....paugulogs@msn.com