Tuesday, January 25, 2011


 {Shit....I was just a baby!
Decade past}
 


For my 30th birthday (2001),
 I received this arrangement of black, dead flowers.
Yes, It was a damn funny gag gift!!!
(I think Thor and Karma sent them?)
I thought of myself as having one pinkie toe in the grave at that point!
Looking back, we were all just babies!
Ironic or apropo that decay is in the word decade?!?!

(Derek, Karma, Bruce, Shane, Paula, Char)

We had my 30th bash* with with a house full of friends and fam!!!!
(only posting pics of the peeps you would know)
Recognize the lil gal to the right???
That's Paula girl!
I love her expression toward Shane**
It's like,
 "who the hell are you again???  
and why are you talking to me?
you are an idiot!"
Knowing Shane, I can only imagine what kind of questions he was asking her.

*bash held at our Bell Canyon home.  It's hard for me to see pictures of that house.  I remember all the time and love that went into remodeling and decorating.  That house was the love of my house lives.

* *the dude that lived in his mom's basement forever with the old car and newspaper walls

(Randy and Tod)

Everyone was feeling the love!!!!!
There was some male bonding......

(Derek)

A lot of beer drinking.....

(Tod, Mike, Paula, Karma)

Girl gosssip......

(Chris and Lisa)

And then.......
the jello shooters came out to play!!!!!

(Lisa and Derek)

Hey...maybe a little eye TMI,
but they are married!!!
Let em have some fun!
AND...they were probably really drunk too!

(Randy and me)

Ditto*
*refer to what I said above about Derek and Lisa

(30 year old me)

Ten years* have passed
My babies are growing up
I'm growing up
I have long term friendships
I love with all I have
I am grateful for my path
I look forward to the future....
Time does not stop and wait for you to catch up.
I realize that the moment is NOW
Wear leopard pants, a paper crown and huge ass smile!
What else is this all for,
if not the love and enjoyment we have for ourselves and others?

*This was yesterday to me.....
I still feel like that 30 year old girlwoman.
I'm not ashamed of turning the big 4-0,
I just don't know how it happened so fast








4 comments:

Chelise said...

Very well said :) I'm am sure looking forward to celebrating the BEST birthday YOU eva had!! Although, now, you've switched the leopard pants for the pleatha ones!

paula said...

OMG-it is so fun to see these pics. I've never seen them. So funny to see everyone. Damn I was a lot thinner back then....and I don't even remember that shirt. I thought I remembered all my clothes. That was a fun night...can't believe it's been 10 years. That party was about 2 weeks before our first girls' trip togetha. i'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA HAVING THE DISBELIEF THAT 10 YEARS HAVE ALREADY PASSED.

No-Name-No-Butt said...

Welcome to my HELL! LOL ;)
FYI: Pants for The Nifty-Fifty's:
Built-in-Butt Jeans (Avail. from Vicky's Secret for abutt $80.00)

Megan said...

~I love the picture of Paula. Anyone who really knows here knows exactly what that face is sayin! I literally laughed out loud!

Here's to the next 40! You will ROCK IT!