Thursday, January 6, 2011


{Come on in...We'd love to have ya!}


Shannon and I snuck out for a drink last night.
Destination:  The Huka Bar
Reason:  1/2 off sushi (for Shannon of course) and ladies get in free night*  AND.....just because we felt like it! 
We don't need no stinkin reason!
*Huka Bar's website information was not reliable and absolutely incorrect!
Result:  We were both very confused about seeing numbered cards on all the tables with one man sitting at each table ALONE!
After walking up to the lady at a reception desk to ask WTF is going on?........
She invited us to join the 
Speed Dating fun-a-rama!!!!!!
she would just love to have us!


WHHHHAAAAAAT?!?!?
Where the frack am I?????
Is this one of those hidden camera shows?

I freakily, speedily, and spaztically replied that "OH MY GOD!! I'M MARRIED! I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME!"

Shannon and I walked off to find the available tables for the "non-gamers"....
we were both laughing as if we had just witnessed some secret society ritual that we just happened to once in a lifetime, walk in on.

Unfortunately, our view of the revolving lovers was limited.
I was able to observe an older man having just the bestest time :)
and all of the ladies that rotated to his table were not so much having the bestest time :(

I really think that if you and your friends were single, this would be a fun group experiment in dating!
OR for those who just want adventure...
Go to the Huka Bar for a free for all grab bag of what your gonna experience for the evening!

For some reason the pina colada song keeps running through my head?!?!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huka and hook-ups....sounds fun!!Maybe it's one of those Vegas things to do.

E

lisa_sims said...

That is so funny! I would love to be a fly on those walls some night. That is the best people watching!

Chelise said...

Great! I've got "If you like Pina Coladas" in my head now :)

...."and getting caught in the rain"

See, it just keeps on going. Oh, the power of suggestion? I suggest to all, being it's Friday and all, that you dance! Just shake that thang all day and night :)
What were we discussing? Speed dating! Well, I prefer speed eating, smokin, and drinkin!