Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{one of mine}



The gorgeous gal between my hunks is Mikayla.
She has been living across the street with her Aunt and Uncle for the past two years.
She rides to school with us, comes over to talk to me while I cook, sings Matchbox 20 with me, and plays as rough and tough as the boys.
Mikayla hasn't had the easiest of lives.  
Her story makes me bond and relate to her childhood....
which also makes me very protective and loving of her.
Mikayla is moving across the country to live with her mother (who I have no respect for).
We hope that the leave will be temporary.....doubtful tho.
As a farewell, we went out for SubZero ice cream and had lots of laughs.
I've never seen the boys have such respectful manners in front of her.
They knew that this wasn't a time to take for granted.


We will miss our girl :(

3 comments:

paula said...

The daughter you never had....I'm sorry she's leaving. I hope she'll be able to return soon....I know how much you love this little gal.

Anonymous said...

You never know what impact you have had on this little girl. She will always remember you and the boys.

E

Chelise said...

I feel so much for her Aunt. I hope Mikayla truely understands the love and sacrifice, in opening up her home and heart, her Aunt has always given. My thoughts are with her as Mikayla leaves......